Friday, July 6, 2012

A beginning

1 week ago, I decided to go for 1 month without Facebook.  Originally I thought all social media, but I get most of my news from twitter, so I nixed that idea.  In the last week, there have been a few times when I've been really bored and needed something to do, and with ye olde FB I needed a new distraction.  I didn't realize how much I was addicted to the site, since I've taken on reading a book, reading a daily Bible devotional, and now writing a blog.  That's all just to fill the boredom.  There are a few friends I miss seeing updates from, but I'm mostly not missing it.  I've been trimming down my friends list for awhile now, so really all I use it for is posting pictures of the girls, writing status updates (about the girls, mostly), and keeping up with those few friends.  I figure blogging can solve 2 of those, and I'll just have to keep up with my friends the old fashion ways.

So, over the course of this blog I figure I'll mix in a few family updates, maybe some work stuff, and some history stuff about me.  I hope whoever's out there reading this enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment